Facebook AND Twitter »

Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend Break Down.

Friday.
I worked a half day @ KC and had my oil changed finally! I was only 6-7 thousand miles overdue. The drive up to Muncie was fantastic. I think it may have actually been one of the best parts of my whole weekend second only to seeing Kristin again. Anyway, it was great being in Muncie and hanging with Asian-Ben while having access to g4 and 9 pizza kings.

Saturday.
I tried really hard to sleep but couldn't. No surprises there. We left to go pick up and meet people in Hartford at around 2:30 am. We met up with Asian-Ben's friends Derrik, Lam, Kevin, and Kevin's lady Debra. The guys were all dressed up in shirts from Alter Ego Comics, I was not. Anyway, we drove up to Chicago. I managed a total of maybe a few hours sleep. We got there and I was still tired from lack of sleep. Everyone else got in almost right when we got there as they had advance tickets. I had to wait an hour until I could be allowed to buy a ticket. After buying my ticket I got ushered off to a room where I got to wait another hour ro be allowed into the convention hall. Yep, I had to wait two hours longer than all the people I came up with. Note to self for next year, buy advanced tickets. Inside was awesome. Kristin, beautiful and talented. People in costumes, not always beautiful. After the con we went on an adventure to find our hotel. When we finally found it we found out that the double room 6 people were supposed to share was actually a single bedroom for 6 people to share. Kevin and Deb got the bed. Asian-Ben, Derrik, and I slept on the floor while Lam very oddly sorta slept upright in a chair. I was camped out under the sink area next to the bathroom. I slept like a baby.

Sunday.
Everyone was up by 8 am and we left around 9 am. Kevin and Debra went back to the con while we stopped at Dunkin Donuts before making the trek back to Muncie. I've missed Dunkin Donuts. I still have a few left of the dozen I bought. When we got back Asian-Ben took Lam and Derrik back to Hartford City while I did some fanart of Harley Quinn and Cammy. I had pizza king that night.

Monday.
I woke up around 11:30 am and watched a generous amount of g4tv. How I miss that channel... After Asian-Ben awoke we went to go see Talladega Nights: the ballad of Ricky Bobby. It was funny funny. We stopped off at Alter Ego Comics to say whats up to jason. After that I left for home. The trip down was fast and enjoyable, but knowing where I was traveling too seriously decreased the joy of the trip. Tomorrow I get to go back to dull existense in C-bus IN.

-Ciao

0 comments: