Facebook AND Twitter »

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sex Make Battle

Last post for the day. I found this poem sitting quietly in my docs folder and thought I'd post it. I don't remember what brought it on. Poems for me are weird like that. Similar to the next one, Goodbye Freebird, I just sort of had it in my head and typed it up. Finally culminating todays mini-post marathon I updated with a blog of life as of late... and now...

Sex Make Battle.

So here we go and start mid conversation
The battle goes on without alleviation.
"That's pretty much it and it comes with a price
With dignity and class that make the life nice.
An affinity for women that keep the bed warm
because when they scratch and tug, they leave the sheets torn."
"Congratulations! you're a man of no mediocrity
but no matter how good, you'll never be me."
"And who might this be, my omniscient teacher?"
"Oh, just a woman, a sensational creature."
"I was mistaken, and thought the sexes were equal
not segregated or different, WE, together as people!
Wow, things have changed since the success of women's Lib
You went from preaching equality to incredibly glib!
Here I shall stop lest I become a stereotype.
I'll swallow my pride and get away from your hype.
I am just a man, but I am also a human."
"We are both people, like a man, like a woman."

0 comments: