Facebook AND Twitter »

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

People Are Always Asking If I Know Tyler Durden

Meeting someone new is a very curious thing. We pass by, or come in contact with hundreds of people everyday, but meeting someone can sometimes change your life in ways you never realize until it's too late.
Tonight, came in contact with two completely different people under very different circumstances.
The first was in Steak and Shake. This guy was either naturally very friendly or not all there upstairs to whatever capacity. He just kept saying hi how are you to ever living soul who came within a ten feet of him. He would try and strike up a conversation with said person until the next person walked in. I was in a rut at the time so I couldn't not properly appreciate the man's kindness.
The second came as I was walking into target after I had my dinner. There was a dude walking out of target wearing what looked like runner's shorts and a jersey, both were red and so that struck me as well. He also looked like he was carved out of wood with his muscle tone. as I was walking past he stopped and said "Nice shoes, I like them." He had a high raspy voice. And odd encounter by all accounts. memorable none the less. I haven't recieved a compliment in some time, certainly not from a stranger. Given my lack of friendly contact lately these two people really stuck out to me today. However, I will more than likely forget about them in the next few days. Such is life.
I had one friend in Columbus, until 4 days ago. I only met her through my job and only really became friends with her after she quit. We had a sexual relationship going. it was strange and based on a lie. That lie being that she was in it only for the sex. It was faulty and exploded in my face. I'm having a hard time coping with the loss. I didn't know her all that long, so why do I feel like I just got dumped? I was in it for the sex but also the companionship. It's a funny thing meeting people.... you never know how much they will effect your life. This girl, the most profound way she changed my life in the present was remind me just how lonely life can be. Thanks for that.

-Ciao

0 comments: