Facebook AND Twitter »

Monday, April 03, 2006

Yet Again.


Everyone has really great friends. The ones that get you, the ones that you can talk to at the spur of the moment and will have wanted to talk to you about the same thing. The story of my life is that I have either moved away from them or had them move away from me.

Now I've written about this sort of thing before on my last Blog but I made the mistake of saying I felt like I didn't have any friends thus insulting the ones I actually did have. The reality of life is that I have what I call "Single Purpose" friends. Everyone has these as well. I have friends for art stuff, friends for nostalgia purposes, friends at work, friends for geeky stuff, and until recently a friend for sex. The problem is that these friends are exclusively for those things and those friends who could be more live somewhere else. So here in town all I have is my "work friends". We're friendly at work basically because we have to be. No one wants to not be friendly with their co-workers it makes work more work. Right? I couldn't hang out with them outside of work mostly because their older and married and all that. The others are just too different from me in all the ways that would matter. I'm comfortable with all that. At the end of the day though I go home and do very little if anything. See, I'd be sad about it all but I've become so used to this that I've become callous to the idea of making new friends. I just don't feel like making the effort. Recent events that brought on this post have made me even more so. I guess the good news is that I get to visit some of my friends this coming weekend, so for a few days I can forget all about the the ideas presented previously.

-Ciao

0 comments: