Facebook AND Twitter »

Friday, July 21, 2006

This Week in my Own Personal History

I am working ALOT these days. As I've made aware to most people I've come in contact with, I'm working 7 days a week. Actually I work everyday from July 19th to August 3rd. It's bearable (bareable?) whatever, it is and at least it means more money for the hell-plague that is college loan repayment. Word.
So, this week was my Art Camp at KC. Yeah, it started out bumpy, but I found my grove and it turned out awesome. It's a big deal for those who don't know, because it's basically my first stab at teaching art in a classroom session. Oh yeah, I fucking rocked it. The kids loved me, the parents said I did a great job, my co-workers were giving me props left and right. I couldn't be happier with it. It's gratifying to know the things I came up with were so well recieved, and enjoyed by the kids.
As a psuedo-reward to myself I ordered some climbing gear. It just doesn't get old. It's good for you/me. I haven't had a physically challenging hobby in years, not since wheelchair sports in college. I ordered some shoes and a harness for climbing. At work we got some new climbing rope in so Wall-Alex and I are getting the old ones replaced.
It occured to me that the places to to throw up graffito expands exponentially when you can reach higher surfaces.... I'm just sayin'.
In other news, I canceled my trip to the Chicago ComicCon. Against my will. Thats all I have to say about that.

-Ciao

0 comments: