Facebook AND Twitter »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Disappointment.

a prayer to the heavens
wishing on the stars
hopes lifted up
seems pointless so far.
down here we
live a real life
convaluted day to day
problems and strife.
i can't waste my time
I got things to do
old bills I gotta pay
to make way for the new.
Politics, Religion
some birds got infected
I'm to busy thinking about
my application got rejected
more choices to make with
every chance that I'm able
can't worry about a career
have to put food on the table.
College education
supposed to pay for itself
Cheap wage labor
doesn't provide much wealth
Higher education
isn't what it seems
doesn't give way to
prayers, hopes, wishes and dreams.
hard work, ambition
experience, and knowing someone.
Those are the things that matter
when this long ass day is done.
I'm ready go home
quit working and sit
I've done my fair share
of this low paying bullshit
So tomorrow I'll get up
early and get in line
fill out another application
so I can get mine.

0 comments: