Facebook AND Twitter »

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Really.

I love that smile.
not the thought behind it.
I'm a game
enjoy the play.
because you're the best
He's just for fun
a personal sport
whatever makes you happy.
say you care with a look
love without regret
but regret that you love
and unequal mirror images
distant reflections of self
the inside and out.
Project your feelings
secrets uncovered in full light
the reality you created falls to pieces
your smile has as much charm
as the cuts in your wrist.
But I see your pain
in the way you love.
Undeserving of what you want.
stuck with what you have.
Refusing to take a risk
letting go.
Your life is written
in the marks on your skin.
Too sensitive?
driving you crazy.
why come back?
Why lie?
You keep trying to escape.
elastic reactions to your attempts
pushing with force
quickens your return.
Deny how you feel
until your nose starts to bleed.
Your dishonest shelter
with holes in the roof
they get bigger with every smile.
Stop being afraid
Still you play.
but the game never ends.
I may be hurt,
but in the end we both lose.
Change the rules.
Let me play.
Not us, but you and me.
Be true, friend?
really.

0 comments: